Address and contact details for filing a complaint:
A complaint has to be submitted in writing to a Carrier on the territory of Turkmenistan in Ashgabat at the Ground Handling Control Service (Claim Group) of “Turkmenistan Airlines” Open Joint-Stock Company, and abroad at the Representative Offices of “Turkmenistan Airlines” Open Joint-Stock Company.
Ground Handling Control Service (Claim Group) of Ashgabat city:
Address: Ashgabat International Airport, 2nd floor
Phone: +993-12-23-55-69 (on working days from 09:00 to 18:00)
1. The Carrier is obliged to consider the claim and notify the claimant of its satisfaction or rejection within three months, if the carriage in connection with which the claim was filed was carried out entirely by the Carrier's flights.
2. If foreign carriers took part in such transportation, the time limits for considering claims may be extended up to six months, subject to the claims settlement rules in force for these carriers.
The amount of the Carrier's liability for loss, shortage or damage (damage), delay in the delivery of baggage, as well as things that are with the passenger.
For loss, shortage or damage (spoilage) of baggage, as well as things that are with the passenger, the Carrier is liable in the following amounts:
1) for loss, shortage or damage (spoilage) of baggage accepted for air transportation with a declaration of value - in the amount of the declared value.
2) for loss, shortage or damage (spoilage) of baggage accepted for air transportation without declaring value - the limit of liability for one kilogram of gross checked baggage, cargo in the amount of 20 US dollars or their equivalent in national currency - manats, calculated at the official exchange rate of the Central Bank of Turkmenistan on the day of payment, unless otherwise provided in the current international agreement of Turkmenistan;
3) for the loss, shortage or damage to things that are with the passenger, including unchecked baggage in the amount of 400 US dollars or their equivalent in national currency - manats, calculated at the official rate of the Central Bank of Turkmenistan on the day of payment, in cases where the passenger was deprived of the opportunity to to control and the fault of the Carrier in its damage or loss is proved;
4) for the delay in the delivery of baggage or cargo to the destination, the Carrier pays a fine in the amount provided for by the legislation of Turkmenistan, unless otherwise provided by an international treaty of Turkmenistan, unless it proves that the delay occurred due to force majeure, elimination of an aircraft malfunction that threatens life or health passengers of the aircraft, or other circumstances beyond the control of the Carrier.
Filing a complaint:
Each complaint with a Carrier shall provide the reasons for filing it and damage caused, a list of the items in the lost or damaged baggage, the nature and extent of the damage caused. A cost of damage has to be proved by a passenger.
A claimant has to attach to the complaint all the necessary documents proving the right to claim damages: air ticket, excess baggage payment receipts (or copies thereof), baggage tag tear-off coupon, checks, receipts of expenses incurred, property irregularity report, damage cost calculation and other relevant documents.
When filing a complaint, a claimant has to comply with the following terms:
Claims for loss of baggage are accepted in cases when the baggage is not found after 21 days of baggage loss. If baggage is lost, a passenger has the right to file a complaint with a Carrier within 2 years from arrival date of an aircraft at the destination or from the date when an aircraft would have arrived, or from a carriage termination date.
If baggage is damaged, a passenger has to claim to the Carrier immediately upon detection of damage, but no later than 7 days from the date of collecting baggage, from a date when baggage handed in a passenger.
If baggage is damaged, a person who has the right to collect it must file a complaint with a Carrier immediately upon spotting the damage along with property irregularity report prepared with a Carrier’s service agent, and endorse with signatures, before a passenger leaves the terminal.
If baggage items are missing, a person who has the right to collect it must file a complaint with a Carrier immediately upon noticing the shortage but no later than 7 days after landing of the relevant flight.
If the deadline for baggage delivery is missed, a complaint must be filed as soon as a violation of the control period for baggage delivery to a baggage claimer becomes known, i.e. right after baggage claim timeframe is over for the flight a passenger and/or his/her baggage arrived with.
Total delay in baggage delivery is calculated from the moment baggage claim timeframe is over for the flight a passenger and/or his/her baggage arrived with and until delivery of a notification of the baggage arrival.
A Passenger has the right to file a complaint with a Carrier in the following cases:
1. loss of baggage
2. missing baggage;
3. damaged baggage;
4. delayed baggage delivery;
5. termination of the air carriage agreement on the Carrier’s initiative;
6. flight delays, non-departure of a passenger at the scheduled time due to the fault of the Carrier.